It’s a bit exciting, Andrew comes on Tuesday morning to start building our deck. As I’ve mentioned before part of making it affordable was we had to dig out the dirt underneath to the depth of 30cm to allow for air circulation so the wood won’t rot.
It seemed like such a good idea at the time.
We got stuck in to it, Rob helping last weekend to get us well and truly started, and now we think we’ve finished. It’s hard to tell from the photo but we’ve dug out an awful lot of dirt – it was level with the top of slab you can see under the brick work. We’ll have to wait and see if it’s okay when Andrew turns up, and if it’s not, well, he may be earning more money than he thought!