I’ve just upgraded my SkyDrive to 75GB, which gives me another 50GB to fill up over the next few years. I now store all my document in the cloud, so much easier to access them whenever and wherever I want using whatever I want. I chose SkyDrive over GoogleDrive as I’m still pretty firmly in the Microsoft eco-system, save for my phone.
I remember I was always incredibly wary of online storage and subscription plans, I was too nervous to fully embrace them until a year or so ago but man, how things change.
I now use these subscription or online apps to run my business and would be lost without them.
- Office Web Apps for documents
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- SkyDrive for file storage
- Evernote for, well, notes
- DropBox for sharing files with clients
- Insightly for project management and CMS
- Xero for my accounts
- GoogleApps for Business for my email and calendar
- Crashplan for external secure backup
- Visual Studio online
- Skype for my phone number
I haven’t subscribed to a music service yet, mainly ‘cause I’m old and only listen to about 20 albums on repeat and if I’m feeling adventurous I’ll switch on BBC 6.